"1. It’s going to hurt, so let it sting. Ignoring the pain won’t allow it to heal.- 8 things I learned when I lost my first love (via mauivvowie)
2. You can’t be friends with him, it’ll work for a little until your feelings get the best of you.
3. Someone else will make him happy, that doesn’t mean you didn’t.
4. When you’re drunk at 2am and want to text him because you think it’ll fix things, don’t. It won’t fix anything.
5. You can’t have the same connection with two different people, and you can’t expect things to be the same with a new person.
6. When 5 months pass and you think you’re over him, there will still be nights you cry and wish he were there.
7. Eventually new people will come into your life, accept them, you never know what they have to offer.
8. Know that the light in your eyes will return, your heart will open up to someone else, and time is the only treatment for a broken heart."